Digital Marketing and Communications Manager, R19069
See Position Description
Bellevue WA, WA
Not Eligible for Overtime
The Digital Marketing and Communications Manager is a full-time, temporary position that will manage multi-channel digital marketing efforts to form and execute the most effective ways to communicate with prospective students, staff and faculty. The Manager is skilled in successfully driving the development and growth of channels through innovative marketing and communications best practices, in both theory and in practice. Key responsibilities include email
marketing, digital advertising, maintaining content management systems for recruitment efforts, internal digital communications and digital outcomes reporting. The Manager must partner closely with other members of the Marketing and Communications and Website teams, as well as key stakeholders in Student Affairs, the BC Foundation, Effectiveness and Strategic Planning, academic programs, support services and other areas, to ensure projects are goal-focused, efficient, on-time, on-brand, and produced to meet standards of excellence.
This is a project position with expected end date on June 30, 2020.
COMPREHENSIVE WAGE AND BENEFIT PACKAGE
Annual salary begins at $57.285 and commensurate with candidate’s qualifications and related experience.
We offer comprehensive compensation package with salary and benefits as the main components. Generous benefits package is offered through Washington State plans that includes multiple medical, dental, life and disability coverage choices for employees and dependents; choices of retirement and deferred compensation plans; paid holidays, sick, and vacation plans; transit program, reduced tuition, employee discounts and memberships, etc.
For more details about Bellevue College’s excellent employee benefits, please visit Benefits section, next to Description section.
ABOUT THE COLLEGE
Bellevue College is a diverse student-centered, comprehensive and innovative college, committed to teaching excellence that advances the life-long educational development of its students while strengthening the economic, social and cultural life of its diverse community. Bellevue College is located just 10 miles east of Seattle where we serve a student population of over 45% students of color and over 1,800 international students. The college promotes student success by providing high-quality, flexible, accessible educational programs and services; advancing pluralism, inclusion and global awareness; and acting as a catalyst and collaborator for a vibrant region.
We strive to create a vibrant and inclusive campus community that supports a diverse student body, faculty and staff. As an essential part of our mission and goals, diversity, equity and pluralism are promoted and fostered in all aspects of college life. By enriching student life through leadership opportunities, personal learning and cultural experiences, we are committed to building an inclusive and diverse campus community that fosters creativity, innovation and student success.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS/TYPICAL DUTIES
• Set acquisition, behavior, outcomes goals and campaign budgets with data from Google Analytics, Google AdWords and input from the college’s Strategic Enrollment Management Plan.
• Develop, and manage email marketing strategies for leads generated by recruitment funnel activities (TargetX, YouVisit, Hobson’s Naviance) to increase inquiry, application and registration volume in support of enrollment goals.
• Measure results and optimize the lead nurturing workflows for these segments to convert leads into application/registration.
• Work to minimize list decay and unsubscribes while increasing the productivity of email sends.
• Develop documentation and road maps for processes, A/B tests, and communications that succeed through email.
• Coordinate and execute quarterly advertising campaigns using Google Analytics, AdWords and Word Press with preferred vendors in support of BC application/registration goals.
• Maintain, monitor, analyze and report on data/analytics across BC’s digital marketing channels for recruitment, measuring effectiveness of past actions and using that data to make recommendations and optimize campaigns to increase effectiveness and efficiency.
• Create and manage daily and weekly roundup email communications (BC FYI and Bulldogs FYI)
• Partner with Marketing and Communications staff and Web Editor to write, edit and publish strategic content that tells the BC story and enhances the brand image.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree in communications, journalism, marketing, or a related field or combination of relevant education and/or experience
• Two (2) years of related professional experience in digital marketing, email marketing and/or marketing automation with experience implementing integrated marketing programs across channels, including digital and print
• Two (2) years of work experience that uses project management skills, including ability to manage multiple projects
• One (1) year experience with Google Analytics, AdWords, data analysis, and metrics-driven decision making
• Effective written and verbal communication, as well as presentation skills
• Ability to embrace and incorporate diverse perspectives, and to work successfully with students, staff and faculty of varying ethnicities, ages, backgrounds, and abilities, etc.
• Full proficiency in computer skills, including:
◦ Two (2) years experience showing proficient use of Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
◦ One (1) year experience using photo editing and publishing software such as Adobe Creative Suite or similar
◦ One (1) year experience using WordPress or similar web content management system
• One (1) year of professional experience working with a customer relations management (CRM) system such as TargetX, Salesforce or similar
• Experience with Section 508, WCAG 2.0, and ADA requirements for accessible content
• Experience working in higher education marketing, government agency communications or similar complex environment
Applications received by 08/16/19 will be given full consideration. Applications received after that date may be considered until the position is filled. This position is not eligible for relocation allowance.
Prior to a new hire, a background check will be conducted. Information from the background check will not necessarily preclude employment, but will be considered in determining the applicant’s suitability and competence to perform in the position.
How to Apply:
Click on the word Apply at the top right corner of the job announcement.
Individuals interested in this position are encouraged to apply. Your application must include a complete online application and all of the required documents below to be considered complete:
• Complete an online application (note that stating “See Resume” on any section of the online Application will be deemed incomplete)
• Complete the supplemental questionnaire
• Attach a Resume
• Attach a Cover Letter
• Attach a Diversity Statement that addresses the following: Please provide specific examples of how your educational and/or professional experiences, background or philosophy demonstrate your commitment to diversity and equity, and how these prepare you to contribute to Bellevue College (min 1 pg, max 2 pgs)
To Apply, visit: