Aurora Biolabs, LLC is seeking a motivated research associate I in cell and molecular biology, biochemistry or related field in San Diego, CA.
Aurora Biolabs, LLC is a leading developer, manufacturer, and supplier of premium molecular diagnostic products and services that are used to diagnose human diseases, screen, and aid in biomedical research.
The individual will be a critical part of our products development team, development a new line of recombinant protein products for drug discovery and commercial use. This position requires extensive hands-on experience with a broad range of techniques including protein expression and purification, molecular cloning, PCR, mammalian cell, insect cells and bacterial culture, ELISA, as well as in vitro cell-based/immuno-based assays.
You will work in an atmosphere that is stimulating, innovative, and customer focused.
– Responsible for assisting scientific staff in carrying out research assignments involving a variety of laboratory methods, equipment and procedures.
– Conducts basic laboratory bench experiments.
– Participates in analysis and organization of data for presentations.
– Writes experimental summaries and technical reports for own data.
– Completes paperwork by assigned completion dates.
– Carries out assigned laboratory tasks.
– Monitor and maintain laboratory notebooks
– Operate lab equipment and perform routine maintenance/repair
– Routine lab maintenance activities (i.e. buffer and reagent preparation, glassware, etc.)
– Day-to-day problem solving and cross-functional team-based activities to ensure daily operations and timelines are met.
Skills: – Experience with protein expression and purification in bacterial culture, His-tagged, GST-tagged protein purification preferred
Experience: Entry Level
– Bachelor’s Degree in science related field
– 0-1 year of experience.