JOB TITLE: HUMAN RESOURCES AND DEVELOPMENT INTERN
Seeking an immediate, temporary hire to support human resources and development functions within the Operations group. This internship role will be responsible for assisting activities such as utilizing talent acquisition software to process candidate information, scheduling interviews, assisting with new employee onboarding, and supporting employee development initiatives.
Professional skills development will be a large part of the role as the candidate learns and practices internal and external-facing communication, coordination, project management, and human resources functions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITES:
- Maintaining accurate and up-to-date human resources files, records, and documentation
- Coordinates interviews and supports interactions between candidates, hiring managers, and external recruiters across multiple states
- Ensures timely completion of pre-employment checks and screening
- Provides administrative support to the HR team and Operations
- Assists with new hire onboarding and orientation
- Supports company training program by supporting planning, set-up, and execution of employee and customer-facing training
SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills with the ability to manage sensitive and confidential situations with tact, professionalism, and diplomacy
- Outstanding personal organization and time management skills
- Ability to work independently when provided with direction and resources
- Accuracy, thoroughness, and timeliness
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
This position involves working in an office environment with prolonged periods of sitting at a desk and working on a computer. Occasional need to lift up to 15 pounds.
POSITION TYPE AND HOURS:
- Temporary, full-time position
- Standard work week is Monday-Friday from 8am-5pm
- Position is based in Renton office and does not require travel
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Undergraduate study in the field of human resources, business administration, psychology, social services, education, or related field preferred
- Previous office experience preferred
- Equivalent combination of education, work, volunteer, or hobby experience
ATS is an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to complying with all federal, state, and local laws providing equal employment opportunities. When making hiring and employment decisions, we do not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, age, military service, military or veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition as defined under state and federal law, or any other legally protected category. All such discrimination is strictly prohibited.
The above job description may not cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change, or new ones may be assigned at any time with or without notice.