ACRS seeks a full-time Senior Center Health & Wellness Specialist in our Aging & Adult Services department who is responsible for coordinating health and wellness programs and activities of Club Bamboo Senior Center and partner sites throughout King County.
***Schedule: Mon – Fri, no weekend work!
COMPETITIVE BENEFITS PACKAGE INCLUDES:
- Pay range is between $22.51 to $24.60 per hour. Can increase based on experience with possible increases after 6 months from date of hire.
- ACRS pays 75-85% of your medical and dental vision insurance on or coinciding with your date of hire
- Vision insurance is available at a very minimal cost
- ACRS pays 100% of your life, AD&D and long-term disability insurance on or coinciding with your date of hire
- Employer paid commuter card and free parking available
- Paid Time off:
- 8 hours of vacation accrued from day 1, available to use after 6 months of employment
- 8 hours of sick leave, accrued from day 1, available to use after 60 days of employment
- 1 floating holiday, available after 1 year of employment
- 13 paid holidays
- IT equipment provided, with telecommuting reimbursement available
- Flexibility with hybrid work
- 403b Retirement savings account
- Pension plan
- Employee assistance program
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Coordinates enrollment, registration and tracking of Club Bamboo Senior Center members participating in health and wellness activities and classes. Assists in the management, maintenance and improvement of MySeniorCenter database. Ensures internal and external reporting requirements related to senior health and wellness programming are met.
- Coordinates health and wellness programming for seniors at partner sites to include participant enrollment and registration, planning logistics with partner sites, data collection and reporting, and assist in providing information and assistance services as needed. Travels to and on-site work at partner sites.
- Coordinates with King County Department of Community and Human Services, Sound Generations, external consultants, instructors, partnering agencies, and internal staff at ACRS to ensure compliance with evidence-based (e.g. EnhanceFitness, Matter of Balance) and evidence-informed (e.g. acupuncture) health program requirements.
- Assists the Senior Center Coordinator in the general operations of Club Bamboo Senior Center providing administrative backup and support as needed. Collects and analyzes attendance data, including but not limited to age, race, ethnicity, and geographic region.
- Designs and markets Senior Health and Wellness information on bulletin boards, resource tables, community gathering spaces, events, and intranet.
- Attends all agency, program and team meetings, in-service trainings, and supervision.
- Other job-related duties as assigned by management.
- Master’s degree in Social or Behavioral Science: or Bachelor’s degree in Social or Behavioral Science; OR
- Bachelor’s degree plus three (3) years of social service experience; OR
- Associate’s degree or equivalent in Social Science and five (5) years Social Services experience.
- Ability to provide effective and respectful quality care and services that are responsive to diverse cultural beliefs and practices. Prefer fluency in Asian/Pacific Islander language.
- Effective ability to navigate a personal computer. Competency in use of the Microsoft Office and other relevant software for word processing, calendaring, e-mail, and data entry. Efficiently research and perform various tasks via the internet.
- Ability to provide effective and respectful service to employees, visitors and clients of diverse cultural beliefs and practices.
WORKING CONDITIONS: Regularly required to walk; use hands and arms to reach and operate objects, tools, or controls. Must occasionally lift up to/or move up to 20 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. Some work will be performed offsite (e.g., home visits or external meetings). The noise level in the work environment is moderate.
COVID-19 CONSIDERATIONS: Every person entering the facility must wear a face mask and consent to a health screening, which includes temperature checks. We are requiring that all employees are fully COVID-19 vaccinated prior to the start of employment. Proof of a completed COVID-19 vaccination should be submitted on or no later than your scheduled start date. If you believe you are entitled to either a medical or religious exemption to our vaccination requirement, please contact HR and your situation will be evaluated.