Job Summary: The Preclinical Team at Arbor Biotechnologies is looking for a Research Associate interested in functioning at the cross section of technology and therapeutics. Our team is leveraging the strength of Arbor’s computational and high-throughput experimental capabilities to further the understanding and applicability of our key assets to advance the field of gene therapy.
Arbor is a highly collaborative environment, and you will have the opportunity to work closely with the discovery, computation, and protein engineering teams, as well as to continue to explore new techniques for your professional growth. Our team members have an ability to rapidly iterate and optimize experiments, a strong ability to learn with exceptional self-motivation. Additionally, you will be a part of shaping our culture of promoting an organization that values scientific rigor, data-driven decision making, problem solving, creativity, and initiative.
As a Research Associate at Arbor, we aim to create an environment in which you will grow intellectually and technically while contributing to Arbor’s mission. You will be tasked with contributing to preclinical pipeline development to advance our latest discoveries toward therapeutic applications. Your development in these areas will be closely supported and you will be mentored by the scientists you work with.
- Work with the preclinical team to optimize new CRISPR-Cas systems for therapeutic use
- Evaluate genome editing efficiency using different a variety of delivery modalities
- Prepare written and graphical research reports for internal and external presentation
- Bachelor’s degree in molecular/cellular biology, genetics, bioengineering, or related field with proven track record of independently executing experiments
- Previous laboratory experience with knowledge of molecular biology, molecular cloning, and next generation sequencing
- Strong experience with mammalian cell culture and aseptic techniques
- Understanding of CRISPR systems and their application
- Experience with in vivo techniques (e.g. phenotyping, analytical characterization, and in vivo delivery)
- Proficiency in flow cytometry, ELISA, western blot
- Strong work ethic and motivation with attention to detail
- Industry experience is a plus
Our values govern the work we do at Arbor, and we’re hoping that they resonate as strongly with you as they do with us!
- Astonishingly Connected: The best work happens when we do it together. At Arbor, we believe strong, clear communication is crucial to our success and emboldens collaboration in all of us.
- Our People are Gems: And we treat each other as such by celebrating our growth and development. We invest in our team and encourage everyone to have both a learners mindset and a willingness to teach others.
- Remarkably Mighty: You’ll be intrigued when you take a closer look at Arbor. We approach our work with integrity and thoughtfulness. We are brave, which leads us to take smart risks and make bold discoveries.
- Authenticity is Encouraged: From eating cheese puffs with chopsticks, to doing cartwheels on our balance beam, we’re all about embracing your true self and showing up as you really are. Our differences make us extraordinary.
Arbor Biotechnologies is a venture-backed startup based in Cambridge, MA, composed of a small team of scientists and engineers pushing the boundaries of discovery at the intersection of computer science and biotechnology. Using our diverse backgrounds ranging from machine learning to genome engineering to protein biochemistry, we are building a platform to uncover and characterize nature’s inventions on an unprecedented scale to generate impactful applications in human health and sustainability.
We seek highly-motivated individuals with the dedication, integrity, and creative spirit needed to thrive in an innovative company. Working at Arbor offers a unique opportunity that combines the fast pace and growth opportunities of a startup with the intellectual rigor and creativity of academia. Our salaries are competitive, our benefits are generous, and our team is exceptional.
Arbor Biotechnologies is proud to be an inclusive workplace and an Equal Opportunity Employer.