Interview Date: February 26, 2019
Interview Location: Virtual
Meet the AlphaSights team on campus this spring!
- February 14th - Winter Job & Internship Fair
If you require an accelerated recruitment process due to competing timelines with other firms, please reach out to your campus recruiter, Molly Weber at email@example.com
Summer Associate - Client Service Team
What are you looking for in your ideal summer internship? Autonomy, high personal impact, and an introduction to the world of business without pigeonholing yourself into any one industry? A challenging program that will help you develop the commercial and operational skills you need to launch a successful career in business? To gain hands-on experience in a fast-paced business environment and work on live projects from day one? If this resonates with you, read on.
We’re a global team of ambitious professionals committed to accelerating progress for our clients and our people alike. From the moment you join us as a Summer Associate, you’ll have significant autonomy and responsibility. You’ll get training and professional development opportunities to help you excel in your role. And you’ll have opportunities to work and spend time with like-minded colleagues from across the globe right from the get-go.
Through hard work, drive, and a commitment to delivering results, you’ll be on the path to receiving a full-time return offer for our Associate Program, and following that, becoming Manager in two years and Vice President in five, all while being part of a global team that’s dedicated to building a business, improving themselves, supporting one another, and celebrating successes together.
Leading professionals around the world often find themselves in situations where they don’t have the knowledge they need to confidently make decisions and move forward. That’s when they turn to AlphaSights. Our people bring commercial instincts, business acumen, and a whatever-it-takes mentality to every project to truly understand our clients’ unique questions and identify the precise experts who can offer valuable insights. With a better understanding of the world than they had before engaging AlphaSights, our clients accelerate their progress. They harness newfound insights and knowledge to identify, assess, and execute on opportunities ahead of the competition.
Founded in 2008, AlphaSights employs 500+ professionals in nine offices around the globe and regularly ranks as one of the fastest-growing companies in the world.
Learn more at alphasights.com
As a Summer Associate on our client service team, you’ll act as the connection point between our clients and industry experts. Your role is to focus on clients’ knowledge gaps and identify experts with the knowledge that can address them. Thinking quickly and critically, you’ll conduct surface-level research on companies and industries to identify the precise experts around the globe who can answer our clients’ questions. You’ll spend considerable time reaching out by phone to experts to assess whether their knowledge is a relevant match to the client request you’re working on and you’ll connect qualified experts to our clients in real time. Working on several client requests at the same time, you’ll need to learn effective prioritization to efficiently identify and qualify highly relevant expertise.
This is a fast-paced, client facing, communication-intense role with a clear focus on effectiveness and revenue generation. Summer Associates develop skills in negotiation, professional communication, project management, client service, and conflict resolution which pave their way to successful careers in commercial and operational leadership.
To learn more about AlphaSights' Internship Program, watch the following video: https://bit.ly/2C1vQqf
What We Look For
AlphaSights welcomes candidates with different backgrounds and experiences. Here are some commonalities that many of our applicants possess:
- Strong academic credentials from top tier universities
- Undergraduate business majors or liberal arts majors with an interest in business (all majors considered)
- Students with high levels of extracurricular involvement and leadership
- A client-first mindset, which we define as the relentless commitment to work on clients’ behalf to help them achieve positive outcomes and the drive to deliver excellent service amidst tight timelines and changing circumstances
- Growth mindset: an ability to develop in your role over time and use setbacks as learning opportunities
What you should be looking for:
- Fast-paced, performance environment with measurable deliverables and a focus on results
- Gaining transferable skills, including: results-oriented research, sales, negotiation, commercial acumen across industries, professional communication, time management, and more
- Team-oriented culture with a focus on setting and outperforming goals, professional development and feedback, and celebrating wins
- Opportunity to receive a full-time employment offer to return post-graduation
Keywords: Analyst, consulting, research, private equity, client facing, commercial, sales, account management, knowledge, leadership, leadership development program, professional development, capital markets, hedge funds, corporate strategy, Fortune 500, communication, student athletes, negotiation,entry-level, new york city, san francisco, project management, teamwork, fast-paced, high-growth, Best Places to Work for Recent Grads
- Current Undergraduate Junior (Class of 2020)
- Strong academic credentials and noteworthy extracurricular leadership
- Fluency in English is essential. Fluency in a relevant foreign language is a plus
AlphaSights is an equal opportunity employer.
How to Apply:
Applicants must drop their resume through both Handshake AND the AlphaSights resume drop to be considered.
To apply to our New York office: https://bit.ly/2GbXQvA