Ai-RGUS, founded by a Duke Ph.D. alum, is commercializing Artificial Intelligence (AI) software we developed for Duke University and their 2,000+ camera system. Ai-RGUS is Artificial Intelligence software used to monitor that security cameras and all related hardware is operational and functioning as the owner would expect.
The company is looking to fill a role of software development. Security camera systems are complex and have many parts (cameras, hard-drives, SD cards, servers, …). Many manufacturers create those parts and we need to be able to monitor them. Your role will be to support our ability for all those parts to communicate with each other within the context of the broader software. Development further includes developing new code to connect cameras from different manufacturers to our service and to expand the feature set of functionalities we offer from all our manufactures.
In this role you will learn how to develop code that is easily maintainable across 10s-100s of templates, that runs in a time-constrained environment. You will learn about computer networking environments and code deployment strategies. You will be working with a highly experienced team to help you at each step of the way, to support your growth and development both as a programmer and as a communicator.
· Offline troubleshooting: ensuring all client cameras are doing well, writing tickets for problems to escalate them or fixing them as appropriate
· Augmenting to and developing camera drivers using API and SDK
· Working collaboratively on code to fill in functionality
Python, C++, .Net programming, object-oriented programming, REST-APIs, github
· Understanding of networked devices and network protocols (e.g., HTTP, TCP, router configurations)
· Previous experience with security camera systems
· 2-3 years of industry experience