Continuous Improvement Intern
Who We Are Looking For
The Continuous Improvement Intern will be tasked with the responsibility of improving material delivery and assembly processes utilizing AGCO Production System principles in order to maximize efficiency.
This is a paid, full-time internship during the summer of 2023 at AGCO Grain and Protein headquarters in Assumption, Illinois. Housing is provided for students who reside more than fifty miles from Assumption. Students are required to work forty hours per week on-site at our office in Assumption from May 31 through August 5, 2023.
What You Will Do
- Participate in 5s activities and audits
- Conduct time studies for manufacturing processes
- Visual management improvements
- Contribute to waste identification in manufacturing processes
- Participate in structured kaizen events
- Prepare standard work instructions for manufacturing processes
- Operator station layout development and implementation using APS (AGCO production system) principles and philosophies as required
- Part presentation design and implementation, PFEP (plan for every part)
- Provide support in problem solving activities
- Provide support on custom fixture design, build, and implementation
What You Will Bring
- Currently pursuing a college undergraduate or graduate degree in manufacturing, science, or engineering
- Experience with MS Office Suite
A Plus If You Have
- Experience with AUTOCAD
- Excellent communication skills (oral and written)
- Good problem-solving skills
- Ability to prioritize and manage multiple task
What We Offer
GLOBAL DIVERSITY – Diversity means many things to us, different brands, cultures, nationalities, genders, generations – even variety in our roles. You make us unique!
ENTERPRISING SPIRIT- Every role adds value. We’re committed to helping you develop and grow to realize your potential.
POSITIVE IMPACT – Make it personal and help us feed the world.
INNOVATIVE TECHNOLOGIES – You can combine your love for technology with manufacturing excellence – and work alongside teams of people around the world who share your enthusiasm.
MAKE THE MOST OF YOU – Benefits include: health care and wellness plans, flexible and virtual work options (where available), 401(k) Savings Plan with company match, paid holidays and paid time off, flexible spending accounts, reimbursement for continuing education, company philanthropic programs, company perks programs, and much more…
Please note that this job posting is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of all required activities, duties, responsibilities or benefits and may change at any time with or without notice.
AGCO is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We maintain a drug-free workplace and perform pre-employment substance abuse testing.