AGC Biologics is a leading global Contract Development and Manufacturing Organization, with a deep commitment to improving life quality by bringing new biopharmaceuticals to market. Because of our dedication to building and empowering our internal teams, AGC Biologics is an innovative leader in the industry with an extensive network of cGMP facilities in the US, Europe and Asia. As such, we deliver a deep expertise, dynamic solutions and technologies, as well as customized services for the scale-up and cGMP manufacturing of protein-based therapeutics. We forge exceptionally strong partnerships with our clients, and we never lose sight of our pledge to deliver a reliable and compliant drug substance supply. Right. On time.
The BioPath Internship Program provides a combination of theoretical training and hands-on floor work. Theoretical and practical activities include GMP basics/concepts, a general understanding of science (basics of cell growth, protein chemistry, chemistry, mass transfer), operations basics (media and solution prep, cell expansion, bioreactor operation, filter operation, ultrafiltration operation, chromatography, liquid handling), and planned experiments.
We offer hourly compensation, plus college credit through Shoreline Community College for approximately 32 hours a month for 10 months (Sept – June). The BioPath Internship Program includes on-the-job training and a potential full-time job offer for qualified students who apply for full-time positions following the internship.
What You’ll Learn
- Compliance – The development of biological products in a high quality environment, following standard procedures (cGMP’s) and consensus practices.
- Fermentation – Basic physiological principles underlying growth and culture of cells and microorganisms.
- Cell Culture – Culture of mammalian line cells used to develop biologicals and the assembly sequence, principles and advantages of single use bioreactors (SUB’s).
- Downstream Processing – Protein purification principles based on differential molecular properties.
- Case Studies – Integrating knowledge through production case analysis from selected literature.
- Protein Analysis – Exploration of protein analysis and technological options to assure safety, effectiveness and quality of therapeutic biologicals.
The BioPath Internship Program is similar to a trade school program, providing intensive training followed by the potential opportunity to launch a career in biotechnology.
- Be perusing a career in biochemistry
- Have taken a chemistry class
- Demonstrate the attributes noted below:
Kinesthetic learner: does well in classes that require hands-on workshops or activities
Dependable and reliable: arrives on time and ready to work
Team player: participates in team organizations or activities
Instruction follower: ability to understand and follow detailed instructions
Detail oriented: enjoys projects that involve complicated processes
Good with documentation: may do really well in chemistry lab or classes where documentation is required
Careful worker: works carefully and values a project that’s done correctly rather than quickly
*We encourage qualified interns to apply for full-time positions at AGC Biologics after graduation. AGC Biologics offers a tuition assistance program to full-time employees who are interested in earning additional college credits.
AGC Biologics offers a highly competitive compensation package and a friendly, collaborative culture that values personal initiative and professional achievement. AGC Biologics is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable laws, regulations and ordinances.