Much like sports teams analyze game tapes to pinpoint what worked and didn’t work so they can develop a plan to enhance future play, interns should look back and critically reflect on their internship…and look forward and plan next steps.
- Reflect on what you liked and disliked about your internship, what you want to replicate in future experiences, and what changes you need to make to find a career, job, or workplace that’s right for you.
- Analyze how well your internship aligned with your interests and values, utilized your strengths, and felt in terms of workplace culture.
- Decide where you want to go in terms of building your career pathway and decide on a next step to help you continue connecting with your internship site, learn about other employers, build skills, or prepare for future applications.
- Download the two handouts linked above, jot down some answers, and commit to one next step.
- Meet with a career counselor to further reflect, integrate, and strategize.