Building your presence on the UW campus has a significant impact on your recruitment success. We encourage all employers to participate in an array of activities designed specifically to help you increase your visibility and on-campus brand.
Here are just a few of those activities we recommend:*
- Attend an Employer Education event. New to recruiting at UW? Looking to enhance your use of Handshake? Step up your internship game? We can help! Our Employer Education Series offers year-round opportunities to boost your recruiting experience at the UW.
- Interview on Campus. Conduct your interviews in the heart of campus with easy access to students and alumni.
- Host an InfoSession. Present information and job opportunities through an informal event with interested students and alumni.
- Participate in Career Fairs and Events. Career fairs and events provide visibility of your organization to a vast pool of potential candidates. For example, the Career & Internship Center’s Spring Career Fair routinely attracts nearly 2,000 students and alumni and is the largest recruiting event held at the UW.
- Post a Job. Post internships, part-time, full-time and experienced positions to Handshake, UW’s centralized online recruitment platform available to all UW Seattle and Bothell students and degree’d alumni.
- Feature your job/internship posting on the Career & Internship Center website. For a $100 fee per posting, you can elevate your company and job/internship opportunities as Featured Jobs & Internships, granting additional visibility and exposure to UW students and alumni.
- Become a Husky Signature Employer. Build a higher level of visibility among UW students, alumni and campus departments by supporting the Career & Internship Center and our outreach efforts.
- Contact Student Organizations. There are hundreds of registered student organizations at the UW. Build a relationship with one that fits your organization.
- Advertise in the Daily. The Daily, UW’s award-winning student-run newspaper, is an excellent resources for advertising to students, faculty and staff. The Daily makes 12,000 copies of the newspaper available around campus and is published during the academic quarters.
- Build a Recruiting Plan. Our team of experts will work with you to put together recruiting strategies that work at the UW.
*Please note that fees may apply for some visibility-building opportunities
For information about these or other opportunities to connect with students and alumni at the University of Washington, please contact us.