Please note – 90% of UW’s Fall Quarter classes will be online, and all recruiting activities will be hosted virtually. For information on Fall 2020 FAQ’s, please click here. Read on for details about building your brand during these virtual times.
- We’re here to help! Check out our Employer Town Hall recording from July 8, 2020 and keep an eye on Employer Education offerings during the coming months.
- Handshake: Use it to post specific hiring needs geared towards UW Seattle and UW Bothell students and recent alums, and consider maximizing its functionality to support your virtual recruitment efforts.
- Participate in Virtual Career Fairs: All career fairs in Fall 2020 will take place virtually. Career Fairs are being added to our calendar as they are confirmed.
- Candidate Resume Books: We’ve created a series of virtual resume books to support our job and internship-seeking candidates to connect with hiring employers. To learn more about accessing this resource, please email email@example.com.
- Advertise with our student newspaper, The Daily. With robust readership stats in the virtual environment, advertising with the Daily can be a great way to promote your brand and your opportunities to the UW audience.
- Connect with Registered Student Organizations: Registered Student Organizations (or RSO’s) are often receptive to hearing from employers, sharing information about opportunities with their membership, or even inviting employers into events or meetings.
- Join the Husky Signature Employer Program: This high-visibility annual membership program has been completely revamped for 2020-2021 to help employers thrive in the virtual environment. Program starts September 1, 2020.
- Host a Virtual InfoSession – but think outside the box: Connect with students online to maintain brand presence on campus, share hiring needs and connect in groups or 1:1 with interested candidates. Think creatively about how to leverage your time with students online, and post to Handshake for promotion when you’re ready. Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org
- Virtual event ideas
- Host a virtual InfoSession to discuss opportunities and provide time for Q&A
- Host a webinar to support student development of soft or technical skills
- Host a virtual company tour
- Host virtual group coffee chats
- Virtual platforms to use
- Employers are welcome to use their preferred system to host the event
- As a helpful note, all UW students have access to Zoom, Skype, and Google Hangouts with their UW email addresses.
- Virtual event ideas
- Lean into our team for support to help you transition your internships to virtual: View resources here.
- Leverage your alumni and your former interns to help tell your story on campus and build or retain connections: reconnecting with their departments; sharing with their student organizations, professors and advisers; representing your organization in Virtual Career Fairs, InfoSessions or Interviews; participating in networking events or hosting office hours or more.
- Share your expertise! Consider hosting an employer-led workshop on a topic relevant to your organization, writing a blog post, become a mentor in one of our mentorship programs, or more. Email us to discuss further: email@example.com
- Let’s get social! Write a guest blog post, take over our Instagram account, partner with us to produce an alumni profile – brand-building, relational engagement opportunities to connect virtually with candidates where they are. Email us to discuss further: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can we help? What questions do you have? Email Emma O’Neill-Myers at email@example.com
*Please note that some fees may apply for visibility-building opportunities