Are you a current UW-Seattle student interested in seeing what working in industry is really like? Join other UW students and the Career & Internship Center for a Site Visit to a Seattle-based company to see for yourself!
A typical site visit agenda includes a tour of the company’s office, and a chance to hear from current employees and ask questions.
Expectations for Participants
- Coordinate your own transportation, arrive early and stay for the full visit
- Research the company in advance to be familiar with what the employer does
- Prepare professional, appropriate questions to ask during Q&A times during the visit
- Follow any safety guidelines at the company, particularly during any tours of facilities
- Fill out a short survey after completing the visit
Upcoming Site Visits
Wednesday, April 17 from 11:00am-1:30pm
Apply on Handshake by March 17
Office of Arts & Culture (City of Seattle)
Wednesday, April 24 from 2:00-4:00pm
Apply on Catalyst by April 14
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a cost?
No! This is a free program!
Side note: Transportation to and from the site will not be included in the time allotted. Utilize your HuskyCard with U-PASS to take public transportation.
What will happen on a Site Visit?
Plan for a presentation from company employees and staff, plus time for Q&A, and more! Each site visit will be about 1.5-2.5 hours of time at the company, not including transportation to and from the site. You will receive more detailed information (who we’ll be meeting and a specific list of activities) once accepted into the site visit and closer to the date of the site visit.
Is this a recruiting event?
This isn’t a recruiting or interviewing visit– you will have time to hear from current employees, but this will be for informational and learning purposes during the site visit.
I’m registered! What should I bring? How should I prepare?
- Bring something to write in/take notes, a list of questions you might want to ask people at the company, and your curiosity!
- Don’t bring: Resume (you’ll have an opportunity to submit it to the company in advance but this is totally optional!) or big backpacks
- Dress codes may vary depending on the company. We’ll share more information about what to wear if you’re selected for a visit!
Questions? Please email firstname.lastname@example.org