Are you a current UW-Seattle student interested in seeing what working in industry is really like? Join other UW students and the Career & Internship Center for a Site Visit to a Seattle-based company to see for yourself!
A typical site visit agenda includes a tour of the company’s office, and a chance to hear from current employees and ask questions.
Expectations for Participants
- Coordinate your own transportation, arrive early and stay for the full visit
- Research the company in advance to be familiar with what the employer does
- Prepare professional, appropriate questions to ask during Q&A times during the visit
- Follow any safety guidelines at the company, particularly during any tours of facilities
- Fill out a short survey after completing the visit
Upcoming Site Visits
Monday, November 4 from 3:30-5:00pm
Register in Catalyst by October 27
About PitchBook: In just a little over a decade, PitchBook has grown into a global organization with offices in Seattle, San Francisco, New York, London and Mumbai. With consistent high double-digit growth since 2009, the company has become the industry’s leading source of private market data, serving more than 4,000 clients around the world. As a five-time winner of the Best Workplaces in Washington award, PitchBook is committed to fostering an open, collaborative work environment driven by excellence, inclusion and fun. Our culture is at the heart of our success, and it’s something we work on every day. Our primary home for the last decade, PitchBook’s Seattle office is located just blocks away from Pike Place Market and historic Pioneer Square. Our headquarters boast stunning mountain views, open collaboration spaces and a startup culture that emphasizes hard work and camaraderie. Working in our Seattle office means growing your career alongside smart, dedicated people in the city where it all began.
Available Opportunities: Sales Development Representative – Learn more at https://uw.joinhandshake.com/jobs/2283692
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a cost?
No! This is a free program!
Side note: Transportation to and from the site will not be included in the time allotted. Utilize your HuskyCard with U-PASS to take public transportation.
What will happen on a Site Visit?
Plan for a presentation from company employees and staff, plus time for Q&A, and more! Each site visit will be about 1.5-2.5 hours of time at the company, not including transportation to and from the site. You will receive more detailed information (who we’ll be meeting and a specific list of activities) once accepted into the site visit and closer to the date of the site visit.
Is this a recruiting event?
This isn’t a recruiting or interviewing visit– you will have time to hear from current employees, but this will be for informational and learning purposes during the site visit.
I’m registered! What should I bring? How should I prepare?
- Bring something to write in/take notes, a list of questions you might want to ask people at the company, and your curiosity!
- Don’t bring: Resume (you’ll have an opportunity to submit it to the company in advance but this is totally optional!) or big backpacks
- Dress codes may vary depending on the company. We’ll share more information about what to wear if you’re selected for a visit!
Questions? Please email email@example.com