Are you a current UW Seattle undergraduate student interested in seeing what working in industry is really like? Join other UW students, the Career & Internship Center and the Alumni Association for a Site Visit to a Seattle-based company to see for yourself!
A typical site visit agenda includes a tour of the company’s office, and a chance to hear from current employees and ask questions.
Expectations for Participants
- Coordinate your own transportation, arrive early and stay for the full visit
- Research the company in advance to be familiar with what the employer does
- Prepare professional, appropriate questions to ask during Q&A times during the visit
- Follow any safety guidelines at the company, particularly during any tours of facilities
- Fill out a short survey after completing the visit
Upcoming Site Visits
Wednesday, February 19 from 3:00-4:30pm
Register in Catalyst
About Liberty Mutual: Liberty Mutual Insurance helps people preserve and protect what they earn, build, own and cherish. Keeping this promise means we are there when our policyholders throughout the world need us most. In business since 1912, and headquartered in Boston, Mass., today we are a leading global insurer with operations in 30 countries and economies around the world. We are the fourth largest property and casualty insurer in the U.S. based on 2016 direct written premium data as reported by the National Association of Insurance Commissioners. We also rank 75th on the Fortune 100 list of largest corporations in the U.S. based on 2016 revenue. As of December 31, 2016, we had $38.3 billion in annual consolidated revenue. We employ more than 50,000 people in over 800 offices throughout the world. We offer a wide range of insurance products and services, including personal automobile, homeowners, accident & health, commercial automobile, general liability, property, surety, workers compensation, group disability, group life, specialty lines, reinsurance, individual life and annuity products. You can learn more about us by visiting www.libertymutualinsurance.com.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is there a cost?
No! This is a free program!
Side note: Transportation to and from the site will not be included in the time allotted. Utilize your HuskyCard with U-PASS to take public transportation.
What will happen on a Site Visit?
Plan for a presentation from company employees and staff, plus time for Q&A, and more! Each site visit will be about 1.5-2.5 hours of time at the company, not including transportation to and from the site. You will receive more detailed information (who we’ll be meeting and a specific list of activities) once accepted into the site visit and closer to the date of the site visit.
Is this a recruiting event?
This isn’t a recruiting or interviewing visit– you will have time to hear from current employees, but this will be for informational and learning purposes during the site visit.
I’m registered! What should I bring? How should I prepare?
- Bring something to write in/take notes, a list of questions you might want to ask people at the company, and your curiosity!
- Don’t bring: Resume (you’ll have an opportunity to submit it to the company in advance but this is totally optional!) or big backpacks
- Dress codes may vary depending on the company. We’ll share more information about what to wear if you’re selected for a visit!
Questions? Please email email@example.com