For those who will have graduated with their undergraduate degree by Spring 2023 and have a passion and for and interest in global health, research, and project management, consider applying to the the NGO, Empower Through Health, Field & Research Director role in Eastern Uganda!
The Empower Through Health Field & Research Director position is for motivated individuals who are looking to make a tangible, real-world impact through innovative global health research and experiential leadership.
Job Description: ETH is looking to hire 2-3 passionate, committed, and adaptable employees to help manage longitudinal research projects and manage essential administrative tasks. This is a unique opportunity to explore global health first-hand while receiving mentorship and valuable research and publication experience. Main responsibilities include research, communications, social media, and project management.
Field & Research Directors will live with Ugandan staff and work out of ETH headquarters in Iganga, Eastern Uganda. Hires will be provided with housing, transport to and from airport and the field, and cost of living stipend.
Field & Research Directors’ duties may include:
- Help manage longitudinal global health research projects
- Relevant literature review; manuscript drafting, editing
- Remotely assist in management of the ETH university chapter system
- Remote communication through social media, newsletters, etc.
- Coordination of fundraising drives and donor management
- Oversight of budgets and financing
Field & Research Directors will also travel at least once per week to ETH’s rural health center located in Mpunde Village to collaborate with community health workers on public health research and project implementation. At times, they may be required to spend the night in ETH staff housing near ETH’s health center as a part of their duties. Types of work may include:
- Creation and administration of community-wide surveys
- Focus group discussions
- Mass immunizations/drug administrations
- Community education programs
- Clinical systems optimization
- Will have graduated from undergrad by Spring 2023
- Flexible and open-minded to intercultural experiences, culturally sensitive
- Impeccable interpersonal skills and the ability to work as part of a team and independently
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Excellent attention to detail
Questions? Contact email@example.com or click here for more information about the application.