Summer HungerCorps Associates fight food insecurity by helping families and youth access healthy meals. Members will prepare and serve meals, pack boxes of food, engage with community members, and conduct grassroots community outreach to get the word out about available resources. Training will be provided in site management, marketing, community engagement, and data tracking.
What they are looking for:
- Self-starters who are passionate about supporting their community and public service
- Experience working independently in high-energy environments
- Willingness to engage stakeholders and design programs responsive to community need
- Strong verbal communication and outreach to parents, youth and other community members
- Creativity and cultural humility in working with vulnerable populations and community partners
Benefits and Compensation:
- Bi-weekly stipend of $952.12, pre-tax
- $500 bonus in addition to stipend when you successfully complete the position
- Eligible to receive a Segal AmeriCorps Education Award ($1,374.60), or a cash stipend ($345.80) after successful completion of your service term
- Unlimited public transportation (ORCA) pass
- Mileage reimbursement for travel between service sites, if required by your site placement
- Receive a Food Handler’s Permit and other professional development trainings
- Become part of the AmeriCorps Network and part of a high-impact team
- Receive special consideration for United Way’s Full-Time AmeriCorps teams beginning Fall 2022
Service placement sites include Seattle, Tukwila, Renton, Auburn, East King County, Kent, and Federal Way.
Interested candidates can apply here.