The Community Engagement and Leadership Education (CELE) Center is offering several seminars and volunteer opportunities this Autumn with Riverways Education Partnerships (formerly known as Pipeline Project)! If you’re interested in educational equity and gaining experience working with K-12 students, then we encourage you to check out the following opportunities:
Earn 3 I&S credits, tutor K-12 students 3 hours a week and take one of the weekly seminars:
· EDUC 401 C: Financial Literacy (Mondays, 1:30 – 2:50pm)
· EDUC 401 P: Return on (Personal) Investment: How Interest Drives our Learning and Education (Mondays, 3:30 – 4:50pm)
· EDUC 401 B: Asian Critical Race Theory (Mondays, 3:30 – 5:20pm)
· EDUC 401 L: General Challenges and Opportunities in K-12 Education (Mondays, 4:30 – 6:00pm) *First Year students ONLY
· EDUC 401 T: Immigrant & Refugee Education (Mondays, 6:00 – 7:20pm)
· EDUC 401 F: Racial Equity in STEM Teaching (Tuesdays, 4:00 – 5:20pm)
· EDUC 401 J: Social Justice in Education (Wednesdays, 3:00 – 4:20pm)
· EDUC 401 G: Teaching Multilingual Learners (10:30am – 11:50am)
· EDUC 401 E: Working with Students in ESL Programs and First-Generation Immigrants (Fridays, 2:00 – 3:20pm)
To get started, register for these classes on MyPlan. These classes will also count towards the Education minor!
Please reach out to email@example.com with any questions, or check out our website (Linked above)!