HOLA at Microsoft scholarships
This year, HOLA Scholarship will award five scholarships totaling US $45,000:
- One (1) $20,000 scholarships distributed over 4 years ($5,000 per year, renewable)
- One (1) $10,000 scholarships distributed over 2 years ($5,000 per year, renewable)
- Three (3) $5,000 one-time scholarships
To be considered for a HOLA Scholarship, you must:
- Be a US-based high school senior of Hispanic and Latinx descent (for example, Mexican American, Cuban American, Brazilian, etc) of an accredited organization.
- Plan to attend a two or four-year college or university in the US.
- Plan to pursue an associate’s or bachelor’s degree in engineering, computer science, business management, marketing, or have a declared major.
- Demonstrate leadership skills and a passion for helping your community within your school, neighborhood, family or any organizations.
- Demonstrate leadership at a school or in the community.
- Have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 or higher.
- Require financial assistance to attend college.
- U.S. citizen, permanent legal resident, or DACA.
How to apply
To apply for a HOLA Scholarship, submit your application online through the link below by March 31st, 2022 11:59pm Pacific Time with the following items:
Two letters of recommendation. At least one letter must be from a faculty or staff member at your school. Letters of recommendation should be original and should not be duplicates of college recommendation letters. (Letters must be on letterhead.)
Résumé. Your résumé should include the following information:
- Extracurricular activities (school and community related)
- Honors, awards, or recognition that you have received (school or community related)
- Work experience
Transcript. Include a copy of your current academic transcript. (Official or Unofficial copies will both be accepted.)
- In no more than 500 words, describe how you plan to engage in the technology industry in your future career. (If you have done exemplary work using technology during high school, please describe that also)
- In no more than 250 words, demonstrate your financial need for this scholarship
Application period opens Nov. 1, 2021. Check back here for details on how to submit your application. Applications will not be accepted through our email address.
For questions, please email HOLAscholarship@microsoft.com
For more information as well as some FAQ, please click this link.