The Science Education Partnership (SEP) seeks an Intern to support their program for Washington state science teachers sponsored by Fred Hutch. Through professional development workshops and a science mentor program, teachers learn molecular biology techniques and also have the opportunity to participate in an introductory laboratory research experience.
The SEP Intern would help support the Education Kit Loan Program by preparing kits and assisting with tracking kit usage, thereby learning valuable skills to pursue a career in science education or science laboratory research.
This is a temporary, part-time position. This position is required to be on-site at their Seattle, Washington campus.
The SEP Intern will help in kit preparation by assisting in the following:
- Unpacking and inventorying items in returned kits
- Refurbishing kits and equipment
- Repacking kits for use in classroom
- Preparing reagents and maintain backup stocks
- Performing occasional quality control tests
- Performing data entry in FileMaker database as needed
- High school degree or equivalent required; Associates or BA/BS degree in the life sciences or a degree in education with an emphasis in the life sciences preferred
- College-level Biology coursework required, preferably with lab experience
- Organized, able to follow directions, punctual, and reliable
- Strong time management skills
- Able to lift 40-50 pounds
- Must be interested in science and science education