Jumpstart is currently hiring Corps Members (CMs) to help us in our mission to prepare preschoolers for kindergarten. Jumpstart CMs have the unique opportunity to inspire young children to learn, serve in a local community, collaborate with others on a team, and build professional skills. All Jumpstart CMs receive high quality training to help them implement Jumpstart’s outcome-based program, promote children’s school success, and build family engagement. This position serves vulnerable populations, i.e. preschool children.
- Corps Members (60 open positions): Priority Deadline is September 26, 2021 at 11:59pm (Submit online application by this date). *Students may continue to apply after this date, but those who meet the priority deadline will receive priority in consideration and preschool placement.
Visit our website for more position details and how to apply today!
- Work towards closing the opportunity gap among Seattle’s youngest learners
- Build community with other UW students
- Work-study eligible students can earn hourly wage. Not sure if you’re eligible? Click here to navigate Work Study eligibility
- Earn a Segal AmeriCorps Educational Award of $1,311.11*
- Earn academic credit (WQ GEN346 and fulfills service learning requirement)
- Serve alongside South Seattle, White Center, and Highline communities
- Receive over 50 hours of training in the field of early childhood education, including strategies on how to effectively work with and support 3 – 5 year olds.
- Training in social justice issues, particularly those affecting educational inequities in Seattle and beyond
- Develop transferable professional and personal skills for your future career
- Build teamwork skills, time management strategies, and develop one’s own leadership potential
- Gain access to an incredible network of fellow AmeriCorps, CELE Center, and Jumpstart members beyond your Jumpstart service!
*The Segal AmeriCorps Education Award is contingent upon AmeriCorps funding and is available to those who meet citizenship requirements. Must complete service term of 300 hours.
Jumpstart is available to all, without regard to race, ethnicity, color, national origin, disability, age, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran status, religion, or other legally protected status as recognized by federal, state, or local law. Consistent with the Americans with Disabilities Act, applicants may request accommodations needed to participate in the application process. Please contact Site Managers, Sala Sataraka at firstname.lastname@example.org or Adanech Makey at email@example.com, for more information.