From Protest to Policy:
Lessons from Seattle
August 19-20 & August 26-27, 2021 (l0:00am-2:00pm PST each day)
The extraordinary global protests for racial justice in
2020 inspired social awakenings and many policy
shifts. We were challenged and moved to collective
action and demanded change from ourselves and
our institutions. Our 2021 Public Service Weekend
will draw upon lessons from Seattle about the ways
in which community-led advocacy and activism
advances policy change at the local, state, and
• Become more informed and engaged in the root
causes of persistent social issues in Seattle and beyond.
• Gain a better understanding about local community-based advocacy organizations advancing policies in
• Interact with graduate students in public service and
policy and learn tips on applying to grad school and
learn about careers in field of public service.
• Scholars and community leaders from across the country,
interested in public service and leadership with a curiosity
about careers in non-profit, philanthropy, government,
and/or private sectors.
• Passionate about solving complex problems and working
together with others from a diversity of fields,
background, and perspectives.
• From historically underrepresented backgrounds from
across the United State and/or with unrelenting passion
for working towards racial equity.
APPL V HERE BY JUL V 25, 2021
Questions? Email firstname.lastname@example.org