The UW School of Dentistry, Office of Educational Partnerships and Diversity (OEPD) is looking for two people who are interested in becoming an AmeriCorps Member at the OEPD for the 2021-2022 academic year. This will be an opportunity to make connections with dentists, physicians, and other healthcare professionals and students in the UW community as well as surrounding communities.
AmeriCorps member duties consist of:
- Recruiting health and pre-health students to participate in interprofessional clinical outreach activities that promote and sustain Access to Care projects.
- Leading groups of underrepresented high school and college students in exploring healthcare related careers.
- Serving as a liaison with community members to facilitate interprofessional clinical outreach activities.
- Assisting with courses and outreach activities aimed to prepare students to serve in underserved and rural populations.
- Providing oral hygiene instruction and oral health information in a variety of settings.
Interested students can apply here: https://forms.gle/NwigdBMf7hQa1x5r7
Questions can be sent to Chelsea Stone at firstname.lastname@example.org