Application is now open for the autumn quarter 2021 Non-Tech Roles in Tech Virtual Mentorship Program!
About the Program:
Curious about Seattle’s booming tech scene, but don’t want to work in software engineering or data science? Tech companies require a broad range of skill sets and roles to function – including marketing, sales, account management, human resources, operations, project management, and more. Join this program to learn how your skills, strengths and interests can translate into a career in tech.
Students will indicate areas of interest within tech during the application process:
- Customer Service / Account Management / Sales
- Human Resources / Recruiting
- Marketing / Communications / Social Media
- Project Management / Program Management
- Students will be enrolled in a 1 credit (CR/NC) GenSt course:
Week 1: Preparatory session to learn what to expect at your mentor meetings, and meet with group to plan topics and questions for your mentor
Weeks 2-9: Mentor meetings
Week 10: Wrap-Up networking event with all mentors and students in the program
- Mentor meetings will take place virtually
- Undergraduate student at UW Seattle
- Must have completed 3 quarters at UW or transferred to UW with the equivalent credits
- Must be available during the designated quarter on Tuesdays or Wednesdays from 3:30-7:00pm
Application for the Autumn 2021 Non-Tech Roles in Tech Virtual Mentorship Program is due by May 26. Apply at https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/jesmith2/407714.