First-Year Programs (FYP) is looking to hire 12 dedicated, collaborative, and creative student leaders for their First-Year Network program.
Network Leaders are upper-level peers that lead first-year students who have opted into themed groups. This position is paid and leads each Network through a curriculum that aims to build community and connection at the UW. The themes of the Networks are either identity or co-curricular-based. As we recruit for this group of Network Leaders we would appreciate your support in sharing this opportunity with your students.
This year we have identified the following Network themes:
- Black First-year Student Network
- East Asian First-year Student Network
- First-Generation at UW
- Indigenous/First Nations First-year Network
- Latinx First-year Student Network
- LGBTQ+ First-year Student Network
- Middle Eastern First-year Student Network
- Out-of-State First-year Student Network
- Pacific Islander First-year Student Network
- South/South-East Asian First-year Student Network
- First-year Transfer Student Network
In addition to these themes, we also have space for 4 additional Networks that focus on additional interests. Network Leaders will select the theme of the Network that they wish to run in conjunction with First Year Programs staff.
Students can apply and read more about the position at fyp.uw.edu/apply. The deadline to apply is May 2.