Grey Matters is the University of Washington’s undergraduate neuroscience journal, committed to making neuroscience accessible and exciting for everyone through their quarterly journal and their annual event, An Evening With Neuroscience.
An Evening With Neuroscience is a casual event that anyone and everyone, no matter their background in neuroscience, is invited to. It’s intended to celebrate the brain, and gives everyone the opportunity to engage directly with researchers and clinicians at the forefront of the neuroscience field.
This event will be held over four consecutive Friday evenings, with different activities and raffle prizes for each day. They will be posting links weekly to each of the live stream events on their Facebook event page and the Grey Matters Facebook page, as well as on their website, greymattersjournal.org/ewn. Their first event begins this Friday!
- On April 16th, 5 pm PDT: They will kick off EWN with a Neurotechnology demonstration by UW Synaptech and Dr. Fatma Inanici. tiny.cc/ewn21neurotech
- On April 23rd, 5 pm PDT: Tune in for a brain dissection led by Dr. Ric Robinson and Dr. Kate Mulligan. tiny.cc/ewn21dissection
- On April 30th, 5 pm PDT: View a neuroscience art presentation by Greg Dunn. tiny.cc/ewn21dunnart
- On May 7st, 5 pm PDT: A panel of neuroscientists (listed below) will be answering any of your questions about neuroscience! tiny.cc/ewn21panel
- Dr. Zin Khaing, Moderator, spinal cord research and assistant professor of neurological surgery
- Dr. Adrienne Fairhall, professor of computational neuroscience
- Dr. Tara Wenger, clinical geneticist and translational researcher at Seattle Children’s
- Dr. Sarah Baum Miller, quantitative UX researcher at Google
- Dr. Tom Daniel, professor of biology & neuroscience, neuroengineering researcher
- Dr. Eran Klein, neuroethicist and clinician
If you want your questions answered at the panel, submit them here.
Live closed captions will be available for all livestreams. They will be reuploading the live stream with edited captions afterward. During the stream, there will also be an opportunity to send in questions to the panel live.