Non-Profit & Philanthropy Mentorship Program – Spring 2021
Are you passionate about supporting and advocating for underrepresented communities and equitable access to resources? If so, join the Non-Profit and Philanthropy Mentorship Program to learn how your interests, skills, and strengths can translate to a non-profit or philanthropy career, and explore professional development topics to prepare you for your job or internship search. Participants will meet virtually with a mentor and small group of 4-6 likeminded students during spring quarter 2021.
- Non-Profit: Students interested in non-profit careers can select any number of the following focus areas:
- Community Services
- Philanthropy: Careers in philanthropy can including working for a private foundation (funded by corporations or individuals/families) or a community foundation. Roles include fundraising, grantmaking, communications, finance, research, administration, and more.
- Students will be enrolled in a 1 credit (CR/NC) GenSt course during spring quarter:
Week 1: Preparatory session to learn what to expect at your mentor meetings, and meet with group to plan topics and questions for your mentor
Weeks 2-9: Mentor meetings
Week 10: Wrap-Up networking event with all mentors and students in the program
- Mentor meetings will take place virtually
- Undergraduate student at UW Seattle
- Must have completed at least 3 quarters (at UW or other institution)
- Must be available during the designated quarter on Tuesdays or Wednesdays from 3:30-7:00pm
Apply by February 14 at https://catalyst.uw.edu/webq/survey/jesmith2/401899