Register for NURS 210 Science, Evidence, and Health: Mastering Health Information and Personal Health Technologies! (available to all undergraduate majors).
· Offered Winter 2021
· 4 credit class and optional 1-credit seminar
· Online class MW 10:30-11:30 (1-hr synchronous) + 2-hr asynchronous/week
· Optional 1-credit project-based seminar will meet weekly on Weds from 1:30-2:20
· Fulfills the NW, I&S, and DIV requirement.
· Available to ALL undergrad majors
· Link to more course information is here: http://www.tiny.cc/nurs210
The course explores health topics of interest to undergrads: diet, exercise, cannabis, vaping, genetics, Covid-19, health disparities and equity. The course goal is to help students develop skills and knowledge to become more critical consumers of health information in their daily lives. The course will be interactive and practical. We’ll experience and analyze smartphone apps for health and behavior change, and we will review sources of health information – like health blogs, health advice written by influencers, all with a goal of critically appraising the sources of information people use to make their own health decisions.