The National Academy for State Health Policy (NASHP) is a nonpartisan, non-profit organization that provides a forum for state policymakers across different offices and agencies throughout state government to learn from one another and implement innovative solutions to health policy challenges.
They are seeking applicants for the new Emerging Leaders of Color Fellowship, which aims to advance health equity by empowering emerging and aspiring state health policy leaders from communities of color.
Fellows will partner with a NASHP state health policy leader of color to take on a project they will develop with that leader.
They will also be invited to participate in NASHP’s ongoing work and will present their own initiatives at NASHP’s annual conference.
Each fellow will receive a $2,000 stipend and free travel and registration at NASHP’s annual conference.
NASHP seeks applicants who:
- Have obtained a bachelor’s degree;
- Are recent college graduates and/or entry- to mid-level professionals;
- Express an interest in a career in state health policy;
- Have 0 to 5 years of public health/health policy work experience; and
- Can commit at least 15 hours per month on average (schedules can be flexible) from Dec. 1, 2020 to Aug. 15, 2021.
Applications will be accepted until Sunday, November 1st at 11:59pm.
Students are encouraged to address questions to Adney Rakotoniaina at firstname.lastname@example.org.