The Multicultural Advertising Intern Program (MAIP) is an exciting fellowship opportunity for diverse college juniors, college seniors, graduate students, and portfolio school students. Since 1973, the MAIP Program, now in its 47th year, provides diverse students with equitable access to the advertising and marketing industry.
This past summer, we transitioned to the MAIP Virtual Engagement Program in response to COVID-19. MAIP fellows participated in a 12-week virtual engagement program where they had the opportunity to connect with 90+ participating agencies/industry partners through transferable skill trainings, discipline-specific trainings, and more. Fellows also participated in summer projects and the 4A’s Foundation provided $25,000 in cash prizes to the top 2 teams.
Whether it’s virtual or in-person, we are excited to let you know that our #MAIP2021 applications are currently open. Applications will close on October 31st, 2020 (11:59 pm ET). Fellows will have a paid internship in the advertising industry coupled with the amazing experience we provide them as a MAIP fellow. The goal is to continue providing fellows the space and opportunity to build a foundation for their careers.
- Virtual Spring Training
- Fellows engage in a 12-week virtual training series on topics within the industry intended to prepare fellows for their agency experience
- MAIP Coach
- Industry professionals volunteer to coach a fellow throughout their MAIP experience. Fellows are pair with their coaches based on location, agency/organization, or discipline
- Internship Program
- Fellows complete a 10-week internship with some of the top advertising agencies across the country
- MAIP Labs
- Agencies across the country volunteer to host workshops in the evening to contribute to fellows’ professional growth and development.
- The Face of Talent
- Fellows attend a week-long series of workshops, panels, and a career fair to celebrate their MAIP experience and network
We welcome all students who have a passion for advertising to apply (regardless of their major) but would appreciate it if you could share the opportunity with students who are in any of the following majors/programs: marketing/advertising/mathematics/computer science/communications/graphic design/art. To share this opportunity with your students, please access the linked materials below:
We have an info session TODAY and during the next two weeks to go over the program and answer any questions! If you or your students are interested in learning more about MAIP, join us at one of the following sessions (Zoom links provided):
To learn more about MAIP, visit our website: foundation.aaaa.org/maip-fellowship
Should you have any questions, please feel free to reach out to us!