The Application process for Undergraduate Community-Based Internships (UCBI) is right around the corner!
UCBI application opens Monday, October 19! We’re hiring interns to work our community partner organizations January – June 2021.
UCBI is a paid internship program for undergraduates who are interested in working in nonprofits and public sector organizations. Interns work 10 hours/week with community-based organizations throughout Seattle and King County winter and spring quarters. Additionally, they participate in weekly cohort meetings led by UCBI student mentors.
Why participate in UCBI:
· Take your learning off campus and (re)connect with communities
· Dive into a topic or issue you’re passionate about and explore career opportunities
· Learn more about power, privilege, identity, and systems of oppression through community engagement
· Receive mentorship and coaching from UCBI mentors and nonprofit/public sector leaders
· Engage in professional development opportunities and build your network with your cohort and partner organization
· Earn a stipend ($2000/quarter) for your work
Applications open October 19. Students are strongly encouraged to attend an info session before submitting an application. You can register for an info session by clicking one of the links below:
Info session #1 on Wednesday, 10/14, 12:00-12:45PM
Info session #2 on Thursday, 10/15, 10:00-10:45AM
Info session #3 on Tuesday, 10/20, 5:00-5:45PM
Info session #4 on Wednesday, 10/21, 10:00-10:45AM
You can also email us at email@example.com with any questions.
(Sharing from the Community Engagement & Leadership Education (CELE) Center)