Want to help end hunger in your community? Join United Way of King County’s Part-Time COVID-19 HungerCorps Team and work to address food insecurity caused by the pandemic.
COVID-19 HungerCorps Member (Part-Time)
9/28/2020 – 3/26/2021 | 18 hours per week
Deadline: 9/16/2020 (Apply ASAP – spots are filling fast)
As a HungerCorps member, you will connect families with critical food resources – including school meals, food banks, and public benefits programs like SNAP and WIC – with a particular focus on low-income Communities of Color. You will be assigned to a food bank or nonprofit organization, where you’ll use your skills and experience to support critical anti-hunger work.
What we’re looking for:
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must be a U.S. citizen, national, or legal permanent resident of the United States
- Must be available 20 hours a week. Exact hours may vary by site placement, but will primarily be Monday – Friday, during typical business hours. More information about service hours will be provided throughout the hiring process
- Able to serve through March 26, 2021 and reach a total of 450 service hours
- Must go through a Washington State Patrol background check, FBI background check and National Sex Offender Registry Check, plus state of residence background check if not living in WA currently
F1 VISAS are not sufficient
For more information check out: https://mailchi.mp/74fb5f0a835f/now-hiring-covid-19-hungercorps-2027217?e=c18f5836f7