UWHR is seeking a DEI Intern to work collaboratively with the Diversity Recruiter for the 2020-2021 Fall, Winter, and Spring Quarters. The intern will be a part of a one year project to create a roadmap for a multi-year plan within UWHR to become an antiracist organization as measured by a review and shift in practices, policies, and procedures that have a local and institutional impact.
This is an outstanding opportunity to:
- Partner with the HR to support and contribute to Diversity and Equity efforts at the UW
- Assist in researching and developing competences in DEI Best Practices
- Help organize and attend outreach and networking events designed to attract diverse candidate pools and create a more inclusive environment at UW
- Gain experience working on a wide variety of HR projects and Recruitment processes
- Develop knowledge and application of HR laws and regulations
- Learn how to effectively network and engaged stakeholders
**Schedule: 14 hours per week. Specific daily hours and schedule is flexible.
Salary: $16 per hour
**The University of Washington is following physical distancing directives from state and local governments as part of the collective effort to combat the spread of COVID-19. This internship is ordinarily performed in an office environment but will be performed remotely unitl further notice depending on health and safety requirements under the COVID-19 pandemic.
Under the direction of the Diversity Recruiter, the HR Intern will assist and provide support to the TTM Recruitment Team. Specifically, the HR Recruiting intern will be responsible for assisting the Diversity Recruiter with researching, documenting, and tracking best practices, strategies, projects, and outreach designed to diversify applicant pools and ultimately help create a more diverse and inclusive workforce for the University Of Washington staff. The successful candidate is currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate degree program, has demonstrated a commitment to Diversity & Inclusion, and is interested in learning more about the functions of Human Resources and Talent Management.
The HR intern will work closely with the Diversity Recruiter on a variety of D&I projects, recruitment efforts, and processes:
- Provide assistance in the implementation of innovative outreach programs using diversity and inclusion best practices in support of UW’s strategic initiatives.
- Assist the Diversity Recruiter in researching and documenting most recommended methods for full cycle recruitment programs, with a focus on diversity and inclusion.
- Coordination of pre-proposal discussions and strategy meetings including scheduling, room reservations, and note-taking
- Effectively write and communicate in a concise manner to a variety of stakeholders.
- Help document and track progress, priorities, and deadlines of various projects, outreach strategies, and training in collaboration with the Recruitment Team. Utilizes new technologies as appropriate.
- Participates in recruitment events and represents UW within the community.
- Outreach to diverse communities and stakeholder engagement (e.g. administering surveys interviews, and focus groups).
- Comply with HR policies, laws, and procedures
- Pursuing your undergraduate or graduate degree at the University of Washington
- Demonstrated commitment to diversity, equity, and inclusion
- Ability to use computers and software including MS Word, Outlook, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Solid organizational skills and ability to work with confidential information
- One year or more of general office and/or administrative experience
- Basic knowledge of human resources recruiting/onboarding functions
- Some knowledge of HR and EEOC laws, policies, and regulations
- Possess knowledge of different campus and community resources
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with many levels of personnel, including faculty and other administrators, and professional and classified staff.
To Apply: Applicants should apply via Handshake and include a cover letter highlighting why you are interested in this internship and some specific things you want to do in the next year to further your development in diversity, equity, and inclusion work?
All applications received before or by September 11th, 2020 will be reviewed and considered.
If you have any additional questions, please contact Ebonee Anderson, Diversity Recruiter via email@example.com.