Sign Up for the New Tech Northwest Newsletter
Sign up for the New Tech Northwest Newsletter to stay up to date with networking information, featured job postings, and tips to getting that new role! To learn more go to NewTechNorthwest.com
Below is just a feature of the content that you might see.
THESE 3 POINTS WILL HELP YOU GET HIRED
This week’s post comes from our friends at Outco.
We put together a list of the top 3 takeaways for best practices when applying and interviewing during this time! Check out the list below and let us know what you think.
APPLYING THROUGH A COMPANY’S WEBSITE SHOULD BE YOUR PLAN Z
- Build a target list of your favorite companies who are currently hiring and have a relevant open role
- Cold email or InMail someone at the company, ask for 15 minutes of their time to learn about what it’s like to work there.
- If you like what you learn, ask “What’s the best way for me to apply?” They will likely refer you to the company which will increase your odds.
SPEND 2X THE TIME TO PREPARE
- Test all your internet, audio and video equipment
- Do your research on the company’s mission, value, and product
- Show up 5 minutes before the interview starts
TREAT YOUR INTERVIEW AS A CONVERSATION
- Ask questions throughout the interview to make it a two-way conversation
- Prepare 1 lightweight ‘opener’ question to build rapport with the interviewer before your interview starts
- Prepare 1 lightweight ‘closer’ question to end the conversation on an inquisitive note.