Curious about Seattle’s booming tech scene, but don’t want to work in software engineering or data science?
Tech companies require a broad range of skill sets and roles to function – including marketing, sales, account management, human resources, operations, project management, and more.
In fact, according to a Glassdoor report, 43% of available opportunities in tech companies are non-technical roles! Join this program to learn how your skills, strengths and interests can translate into a career in tech.
- Students will indicate a focus area interest within tech during the application process.
- Applicants will be selected and notified by mid-June at the latest.
- All mentor meetings will be held virtually through a platform of the mentor and group’s choice (Zoom, Skype, Microsoft Teams, etc).
- Students will be enrolled in a 1 credit (CR/NC) GenSt course for Fall Quarter 2020:
Week 1: Kick-off session to learn what to expect at your mentor meetings, and meet with group to plan topics and questions for your mentor
Weeks 2-9: Virtual meetings with your mentor.
- Week 10: Wrap-Up networking event with all mentors and students in the program.
Learn more about the UW Career & Internship Center’s Industry Mentorship Programs at https://careers.uw.edu/industry-mentorship-programs/
Click here to submit your application, due no later than 11:59pm on Sunday, May 17th.