About this Event
Attention: This is a REMOTE hackathon conducted online. No travel is required.
Are you stuck in the developer job hunt? Wish you knew more about the hiring process? Wish you could receive feedback on your coding skills? Do you want your own portfolio website? Do you just simply love to code?
Well come join our online Mintbean CareerHack hackathon! Test your coding abilities and receive constructive feedback on where and how to improve your code with other skilled developers. Understand the job market and the interviewing process for software developer from our very own CEO and CTO of Mintbean, Monarch Wadia.
- Objective and honest technical assessment through a fun hackathon!
- Participate in code reviews and learn how to evaluate other people’s code
- Learn how professional software development is done with best practices in the industry from a senior dev
- Interviewing tips and tricks from a senior dev
- Learn how to prepare for various technical company assessments
Prize! – $25 Amazon Gift Card 🙂
Who Is It For?
- Software developer students
- Devs looking for their first job
- Junior developers
- Bootcamp grads
- QA’s, designers, and other professionals looking into transitioning into software
How To Join
Join us on Twitch on the day fo CareerHack!
Stream Link: Mintbean CareerHack
Requirements To Join
- Git and Github (Your Github will be open to the public, NO Bitbucket)
- A Twitch account to join the stream (can be a throwaway)
- A Slack account – Invitation to join will be emailed to you after registration!
- Your own device with a text editor setup
Problem set: To Be Announced
Team size: SOLO
Date: Saturday, March 28, 2020
Time: 12:30pm – 3:30pm EST (Toronto, Canada)
Where: CareerHack Twitch Stream
Orientation Mandatory for Newcomers, Optional for Repeat Participants
- Orientation pre-start @12PM – Twitch & Slack (30mins)
- Introduction & problem set briefing – Twitch & Slack (15mins)
- Coding session – Github & Slack (135mins)
- Peer code reviews – Twitch, Github, & Slack (30mins)
- Optional: Feedback and Q&A with Senior Dev – Twitch & Slack (30mins)
More details and instructions will follow and be emailed to you closer to the hackathon date!
We’re very excited for you to participate! If you have any further questions, shoot us an email to our Project Coordinator, Jennifer Tang at firstname.lastname@example.org
For the Privacy Conscious and Gainfully Employed
CareerHack is fully hosted, produced, and evaluated on all public mediums (Twitch, GitHub, Slack). Your hackathon project, communication, code review and evaluation will be conducted publicly on these forums.
Full names will not be used, every participant will be referred to as their Slack username. We suggest you create throwaway accounts for any of these social platforms being used if you would like to keep your personal accounts private. However, we leave it to your own discretion.
Mintbean provides vetting services that help employers screen software developers. We’re software developers ourselves, and we know how painful the interview process can be for both employers and candidates. Our goal is to solve the (immense) problems currently present in the software developer job market.
For the registration or other information please click here