Between interviews, classes that require professional dress, and eventually, a job with a dress code, it can be quite hard to build a wardrobe of clothing appropriate for the workplace without breaking the bank. At the Career & Internship Center, we are working to remove any barriers to students finding success in their job or internship hunt and have found that sometimes there is a financial barrier when it comes to professional clothes. That is why last fall we launched our Dress for Success event — a pop-up closet of FREE, gently used workplace attire open to all UW students who might find themselves in need of professional clothing.
The event in the fall was so well received we have decided to launch it again in Spring Quarter! Please see below:
When & Where
Friday, April 3 from 1:00-4:00pm
Career & Internship Center, 134 and Commons, Mary Gates Hall
Who is this for?
- Current UW Seattle undergraduate and graduate students
How it Works
- This event is first come, first served while supplies last
- Students can select one complete outfit (clothing items plus accessories)
- Come in any time between 1:00 and 4:00pm
- C&IC staff will be onsite to answer questions and help with wardrobe selection
- Clothing will be arranged on tables and racks by item type and size
- Changing rooms will be available
- We have a limited amount of space and changing rooms, so there may be a wait. Staff will let students in as space becomes available.
- Bring a bag or backpack to carry your selected items
About the Items
- Gently-used clothing items have been donated by UW staff, alumni, and employer partners
- We cannot guarantee that clothing has been washed or dry-cleaned prior to donation, or that small imperfections don’t exist
- The C&IC has intentionally procured a variety of items in a wide range of sizes and styles (while supplies last)
- Items include: Blazers, sweaters, blouses, shirts, dress pants, dresses, skirts, ties, belts, shoes, bags, and more
- Any remaining items following the event will be donated to a local organization. Event attendees will have the opportunity to vote on where the items are donated.
Unable to Attend?
- Click here to view additional resources for sourcing affordable, professional attire.