Applications are now being accepted for the Spring 2020 Non-Profit Mentorship Program!
Are you interested in careers that support, teach, and advocate for diverse populations including members of underrepresented communities, young adults, and children? Individuals who work in non-profits come from a variety of backgrounds and have a broad range of skill sets, working in roles such as volunteer coordination, advocacy, marketing and communications, fundraising, and so much more. Join this program to learn about how your skills, strengths and interests can translate into a non-profit career.
- Students will indicate one more more interest areas: Arts/Music/Theater, Children/Youth, Community Services, Conservation/Environmental, Politics/Civics
- Application deadline is February 16. Learn more and apply at https://careers.uw.edu/industry-mentorship-programs/
- Mentor meetings will take place at an organization in the Seattle area, which will be selected in part based on proximity and ease to mass transit. Transportation to the mentorship site will be on your own.
- Accepted students will be enrolled in a 1 credit (CR/NC) GenSt course during spring quarter, on either Tuesdays or Wednesdays from 3:30-7:20pm (includes travel time to/from mentor’s office):
- Week 1: Preparatory session on campus to learn what to expect at your mentor meetings, and meet with group to plan topics and questions for your mentor
- Weeks 2-9: Mentor meetings at mentor’s office location
- Week 10: Wrap-Up networking event with all mentors and students in the program
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org.