Mayor Durkan is Seeking Passionate and Committed Youth for Mayor’s Youth Climate Council
Mayor Durkan is creating an opportunity for young leaders to continue building their own capacity as advocates, shape new ideas for policies and programs to stem the climate crisis and offer feedback on existing City policies and programs. Applications to be part of the Mayor’s Youth Climate Council are now open. Youth who are passionate about working on climate change and climate justice are strongly encouraged to apply for the Mayor’s Youth Climate Council. Deadline to apply is Thursday, January 30, at 4 p.m.
More information about the requirements and expectations are detailed in the application form.
1. Applicant must live or study in the City of Seattle
2. Applicant must be between 14-22 years of age
3. Applicant must meet at least ONE of the below criteria to be eligible:
- Has demonstrated leadership on climate change, environmental issues or environmental justice. Leadership may be demonstrated in a range of ways, including participation in school, religious or community groups, previous written work, art, music, or other forms.
- Residing in a community negatively impacted by environmental justice issues, and disproportionately burdened by multiple sources of pollution. (**as defined by \ the City’s racial social equity composite boundaries)