It’s no wonder that gaps years are gaining in popularity – besides allowing you to take a break from your academic path, gaps years can also be a great chance to develop new skills that will help you land a job, travel or live in a new location temporarily, or develop your interests you didn’t have time to explore in college.
…In walks City Year. If you have a passion for making a real and purposeful impact on the world, City Year can help take your gap year to the next level by serving as a full-time tutor, mentor and role model. Their current application cycle ends Jan. 24th. Click here to apply.
City Year is an education non-profit that believes all children can succeed, and that developing and investing in our young people contributes to strong and vibrant communities. In 29 cities across the U.S., diverse teams of City Year AmeriCorps Members serve as full time tutors, mentors, and role models. Through their work in schools and communities, City Year AmeriCorps members not only make a difference in the lives of students they serve, but also acquire valuable skills that prepare them to become the next generation of civically-engaged leaders.
- Participants are paid a bi-weekly stipend to cover living expenses
- Receive a $6,029 education award upon completion
- Health insurance and loan forbearance provided
- 110+ University Partnerships provide 25% – 100% tuition scholarships
- Instantly connect to a 27,000+ alumni network
- Over 340 hours of training and professional development
Want to learn more? Contact your City Year Recruiter: