Established in 2009, the Effie Collegiate Brand Challenge is an annual marketing competition that serves to educate and inspire tomorrow’s marketers. Each year, it provides undergraduate and graduate students with the opportunity to address professional-level marketing challenges posed by a real client.
The competition is free to enter and provides complimentary access to the Effie Case Database of award-winning marketing work.
How it works:
1. Introduction: Sponsoring brand authors a marketing challenge for students.
2. Ideation: Students develop communications plans addressing the challenge, including: consumer
research, strategic insight generation, creative ideation, and projected results.
3. Evaluation: Entries are evaluated by a jury of over 100 marketing professionals.
4. Selection: Selected finalists present their work to senior members of the sponsoring brand’s marketing
team & agency partners. Finalists are awarded Winner & Runner-Up titles
• Gain real-world marketing experience working for a major brand.
• Practically apply concepts learned in class.
• Receive constructive feedback from industry professionals across disciplines.
• Network with C-level client & agency executives (Finalists only).
• Earn monetary prizes (Winner & Runner-Up teams only).
To learn more, visit https://effie.org/collegiate-effie