Now that dead week is upon us, that means that summer is fast approaching! A lot around the Career & Internship Center will be business as usual (with just a bit more sun!), but we wanted to share with you some updates about our Summer Quarter schedule and opportunities.
The last day of Drop-ins is Friday 6/14. No drop-ins will be offered during the summer, but other great resources exist (see below for details).
As of Monday 6/17 we’ll transition to Summer Hours here in 134 Mary Gates Hall – Monday-Friday from 9am-4pm. Keep an eye on our summer informational page for updated information about full or partial day closures.
Although we don’t offer career fairs or in-person workshops during the Summer months, there are many great ways for students and recent alumni to access information and interact with our team and with hiring employers:
- View one of our video resources: From short clips on specific career topics to full recorded versions of our workshops, these resources will help you think about career strategy, whether you’re down the street or across the world.
- Meet with one of our coaches: Although drop-ins go on hiatus, scheduled 1:1 appointments with career coaches (in-person, via phone or via Zoom!) remain available throughout the summer.
- Submit your resume for an Online Resume Review: Get resume feedback from our team via email, wherever you are!
- Log into Handshake: Handshake will continue to be updated daily, with hundreds of job and internship postings added each week. Whether you’re searching for positions, updating your profile, posing questions to other Handshake users or writing a review of your summer internship, Handshake is a great year round resource for Huskies.
- New student this Fall? Check out our sessions being offered as part of A&O – we’d love to see you there and give you an overview of how you can integrate the Career & Internship Center into your Husky Experience.
- And more! Our website is full of resources, advice, insights and direction.
Questions? Not sure where to start? Send us a note or give us a call: 206.543.0535.