Marketing is a diverse field that many majors can tap into. Whether you are studying Sociology, Psychology, Communications, or any other social science, you could have a career in marketing or in a related field such as advertising. However, in order to jump-start your career, you need to be involved in relevant opportunities outside the classroom. A key experience to add to your resume that impresses recruiters is to get involved in a related campus organization. Joining an RSO or campus org will open up new doors – you will get to network with professionals and alumni, gain teamwork and leadership experience, and even test out a potential career – all while adding valuable experience to your resume!
Below are some of the most popular clubs and organizations related to marketing on our campus:
- Advertising Club of UW Email: email@example.com We are a group of motivated students that have a passion for all aspects of advertising. We want to bring talent from all over the University of Washington and from local advertising agencies to learn from each other through our club events and meetings. Through our own agency work and incorporating Seattle ad agencies, we hope to give students a tangible taste of what the industry is really like, and show employers what we have to offer.
- American Marketing Association (AMA) Email: firstname.lastname@example.org We are a student run marketing organization at the University of Washington Foster School of Business. We strive to provide resources and information for students so that when we “open the door” to Seattle professionals they feel properly prepared. The UW AMA provides a professional and fun environment that promotes proactive and passionate involvement.
- Husky Sales Club Email: huskysalesclub@gmail The Husky Sales Club was created to provide students interested in sales with real selling experience with the student body and corporations, along with exclusive access to job openings, internship opportunities, case competitions, and guest speakers. Employees handle sales revenue, budgeting, marketing efforts, and business partnerships. The USC was built as an additional segment of the Sales Certificate Program.
- Seattle Direct Marketing Association Email: email@example.com The SDMA connects area marketing professionals with new ideas and emerging technologies. It nurtures innovative thinking in all areas of marketing, including ecommerce, creative development, data and production. Frequently scheduled events feature prominent speakers on a variety of relevant and cutting-edge topics, as well as quality networking.
- Puget Sound American Marketing Association Email: firstname.lastname@example.org We offer new and experienced marketing professionals the competitive advantage needed to succeed. The PSAMA is the largest and longest professional marketing association in Washington State. Our mission is to advance the careers of all marketing professionals in the Puget Sound through professional education, events, networking, resources, industry news, and job opportunities.
- Ad Club Seattle Email: email@example.com Our mission is to be a relevant resource for seasoned advertising professionals and freshmen alike. We are dedicated to raising the standards of our profession, increasing the expectations of our clients, and being a true contender on the international stage.