- Grad Students
- About Us
We encourage students and alumni who are searching for internships and jobs, or who are interviewing for admission into competitive graduate & professional programs [i.e. medical, dental & similar fields], to consider practice interviewing in our center. Mock interviews are a neat way to both practice and receive feedback in a safe, supportive environment.
A mock interview will help you:
- Know what to expect when you interview for real
- Learn more effective ways to answer different types of questions
- Become more comfortable and confident during interviews
- Have successful real interviews
Mock interview steps:
- Choose a position-of-interest to focus on during your interview, which is usually an internship, job, scholarship finalist award or seat in a grad/professional program.
- Contact our front desk to schedule a mock interview. Mock interviews generally last 40-50 minutes. For scheduling, please visit or call us. We can't schedule appointments via email. Appointments for alumni and postdocs available for a fee.
- Drop off or email a copy of your resume or CV, along with a description of your position-of-interest, at least 24 hours before your scheduled appointment. If you are practicing for a graduate or professional school interview, try to include your personal statement with the materials you provide.
- Before your interview, review your resume/CV and research the employer or graduate program. Please prepare for this interview as you would a real interview.
Note: If you would like to record your interview, please bring a USB drive with 4 GB of available memory to your appointment. You may also choose to record your interview on your own mobile device, such as your cell phone.
As in most cases, preparation and practice are keys to effective interviewing! Don't forget to smile and remember to be your best self!