- Grad Students
Resources for Student & Alumni Veterans
Veteran Support at UW
The Career Center is a proud supporter of and participant in the annual Veterans Appreciation Week.
On November 9th, we're partnering with HUMV and the Office of Student Veteran Life to sponsor the 'Career Reboot Workshop'! Get advice on your resume, interview and networking skills, and have the opportunity to meet with top area employers. Locate more detail and submit your RSVP by clicking here.
Year-round support and initiatives
The Career Center is happy to support UW students and UW alumni who are veterans of the United States military. Below are just a number of ways we can support you:
- Individual career counseling
- Walk-in appointments
- Networking events
- Career workshops
- Resume Book for UW student and alumni veterans
A maximum of three Career Counseling appointments (usually lasting about 50-60 minutes) are FREE to UW Alumni who are veterans, or for UW Alumni who are currently serving on active duty or serving in a reserve component in the United States military.
Additional Veteran Resources
- Career Center Job Search Resources
- UW Veteran’s Center
- Husky United Military Veterans Club (HUMV)
- The GI Bill Web Site
- Google for Veterans
- The Riley Guide to Veteran Job Search
- Military.com Veteran’s Job Board
- VetCentral Job Search
- VetNet - A Career Service for Those Who've Served
- Recruit Military
- Hire a Hero
- UW Making The Difference: Careers in the Federal Government
- Veterans Transferring to the UW
- Washington State VA Website
- For Veterans - My Next Move - What do you want to do for a living?
- Veterans - EBenefits
- Veterans Congressional Internship Program
- Accenture's Military Career Coach
- Veteran Recruiting (including virtual career fair opportunities)