- Grad Students
Alumni Career Counseling
As a UW alum, you have access to a variety of resources and services to help you reach your long-term career goals.
One service available to you is the opportunity to meet with a career counselor. Recent UW graduates (within 12 months of receiving a degree) are eligible for free 30-minute sessions. UW alumni who graduated more than a year ago are eligible for 60 minute appointments with one of The Career Center's professionally-trained senior counselors for $60. Learn about our counseling team by visiting our About Us page.
A maximum of three Career Counseling appointments (usually lasting about 50-60 minutes) are FREE to UW Alumni who are veterans, or for UW Alumni who are currently enlisted in the United States military.
Here are just a few of the ways meeting with a career counselor can help you:
- Clarify your career interests
- Identify connections between your degree and career opportunities
- Identify resources to help you research employers
- Discover key job search strategies
- Identify your skills and strengths
- Learn how to write effective resumes and cover letters
- Receive feedback on your LinkedIn profile and learn how to use LinkedIn effectively
- Prepare and practice for upcoming interviews
- Evaluate job offers from potential employers
- Learn keys to successfully negotiating offers
- Determine a long-term course of action to meet your career objectives
Ready to make an appointment? Call (206)543-0535 or visit the Career Center.
Please note, appointments can be made online at: http://careers.uw.edu/About-Us/Online-Counselor-Scheduling . Alumni from all UW campuses may schedule an appointment at the Career Center. However counseling services are not available to students in UW Extension programs or for alumni of other colleges or universities.